How can an entrepreneur get rid of decadent thoughts?
1. Do not break away from production. If you have turned your hobby into a business, and the company began to grow rapidly, you most likely do not have to do what you love anymore. Now, instead of spending time with a lathe or embroidery, you are forced to keep track of staff, optimize business processes, communicate with customers and go to presentations. This can cause apathy. Allocate two hours a day and devote them entirely to production. The joy of your dreams coming back.
2. Reread the old letters. Surely from time to time you get from customers, partners, colleagues letters of gratitude for the cool work done. Do not delete them, put them in a separate folder. In difficult times, when you feel that you are doing nonsense, do not know how and have achieved nothing, these messages will help you regain faith in yourself.
3. Learn. If you are at an impasse — go learn something. No matter what or how. Watch documentaries, listen to online lectures and participate in webinars on a variety of topics — from ancient art to neural networks. Your brain, struggling with some task and finding no solution, will continue to search for it in the background, even while you are considering a book on ornithology. The most unexpected things can provoke insight and suggest a completely new idea.
4. Clean yourself up. It is known that the rush of endorphins occurs during sports. Sad — start doing push-UPS or squats, go for a run, make it a rule every day to spend an hour cardio. It is important to start a good night’s sleep, about half an hour a day to spend on the street — to get vitamin D from the sun’s rays. In addition, you need to drink more: water is necessary for the proper functioning of the brain, and dehydration is fraught with loss of concentration, headaches, irritability and fatigue. Drink two or three liters of water a day or train yourself to drink a glass of liquid every hour.
5. Minimize media activity. If you are emotionally depressed, try not to report it to everyone you meet and not to pour out the soul on the pages in social networks. Not because customers and partners will read and run away (although they can do so). As a rule, a friendly cheer or calls “the old Man, pull yourself together!”they act the opposite: you are only more upset. Speaking at conferences in a depressed state is likely to be a failure and aggravate the situation. So it would be better to send a Deputy instead. Do not read biographies of successful businessmen — you risk falling into a deep depression, comparing yourself with them.
6. Think about your former boss. You started your own business so you wouldn’t depend on anyone. Remember those times when you were not the master of the situation, and the decision was made by another person — your boss or shareholder. Do you wish to return to this state of Affairs?
7. Find a good performer. Some entrepreneurs are perfectly able to launch projects one after another, come up with new ideas, inspire professionals, gather them together and make them work with each other. Such people are often not able to think carefully about the development strategy of each project: they are bored to deal with routine matters, which in the life of a businessman more than it seems. If you are one of these — find a good Manager for one company or sell it and create another.