Rules of success from Pavel Durov
Pavel Durov created Vkontakte in 2006 and all these years was the leader and inspirer of the project. In recent years, the company has been in a state of permanent corporate conflict, which resulted in the dismissal of the CEO.
The rules of success from Pavel Durov, which he follows in his life and advises everyone else to do the same.
1. Understand what you really like. The Golden rule is that you do what you really enjoy, and then you’ll be a lot happier.
2. Give up the garbage you eat, drink and smoke every day. No secrets and cunning diets – natural food, fruits, vegetables, water. It is not necessary to become a vegetarian and completely quit drinking – you just need to limit the maximum sugar, flour, coffee, alcohol and all plastic food.
3. Learn foreign languages. This will expand the depth of perception of the world and open unprecedented prospects for learning, development and career growth. Russian-speaking Internet users 60 million. There are a billion English speakers. The center of progress is now on the other side of the border, including the language. Knowledge of English is not just a whim of intellectuals, but a vital necessity.
4. Read books. Approximate circle – your professional field, history, natural science, personal growth, sociology, psychology, biographies, quality fiction. There is no time to read because you drive – listen to audiobooks. The Golden rule is to read/listen to at least one book a week. It’s 50 books a year that will change your life.
5. Make yourself useful every weekend. Go to the Museum, do sports, go out of town, jump with a parachute, visit relatives, go to a good movie. Expand your contact with the world. The more impressions you pass through yourself, the more interesting life will be, and the better you will understand things and phenomena.
6. Start a blog or a personal online diary. Whatever. It does not matter that you do not have eloquence and you will have no more than 10 readers. The main thing is that on its pages you will be able to think and reason. And if you just write regularly about what you love, readers will definitely come.
7. Set goals, fix them on paper, in word Or blog. The main thing is that they should be clear, understandable and measurable. If you set a goal, you can either achieve it or not. If you do not put, then there are no options for achieving at all.
8. Learn to type on the keyboard blindly. Time is one of the few treasures you have, and you should be able to type almost as fast as you think. And you should not think about where the right letter is, but about what you write.
9. Ride time. Learn to manage their own Affairs so that they worked almost without your participation. To begin with, honour Allen (Getting Things Done) or Gleb Arkhangelsky. Make decisions quickly, act immediately, do not postpone for later. All things either do, or delegate to someone.
10. At least the Internet and TV. Give up computer games, aimless sitting in social networks and stupid surfing the Internet. Minimize communication in social networks, leave one account. Destroy the TV antenna in the apartment.
11. Stop reading the news. Still, the key events will talk all around, and additional noise information does not improve the quality of decision-making.
12. Learn to get up early. The paradox is that in the early hours you always have time more than in the evening. If summer at the weekend you will leave Moscow at 7 am, by 10 you’re already in Yaroslavl. If you leave at 10, you’ll be there at best for lunch. A person needs only 7 hours of sleep, subject to high-quality physical activity and normal nutrition.
13. Choose your surroundings carefully. Try to surround yourself with decent, honest, open, smart and successful people. We are our environment from which we learn everything we know. Spend more time with people you respect and from whom you can learn something (it is especially important that your superiors fall into the category of such people).
14. Expand your horizons of knowledge. Use every moment of time and every person to learn something new.If life brings you to a professional in any field, try to understand what is the essence of his work, what are his motivations and goals. Learn to ask the right questions – even a taxi driver can be an invaluable source of information.
15. Start traveling. It does not matter that there is no money for Argentina and New Zealand – the quality of rest is not related to the money spent. When you see how diverse the world is, you will stop dwelling on the space around you, and become more tolerant, calmer and wiser.
16. Look at the world through creativity. Buy a camera and try to catch the beauty of the world. When you succeed, you will remember your travels not only by vague impressions, but also by beautiful photos that you brought with you. As an alternative – try to draw, sing, dance, sculpt, design. That is, do something that will make you look at the world with different eyes.
17. Play sports. You don’t have to go to a fitness club where jocks, pickups, Balzac ladies and freaks hang out. Yoga, climbing, Cycling, horizontal bar, bars, football, running, plyometrics, swimming, functional training – the best friends of a person who wants to return the tone of the body and get a splash of endorphins. And forget about the Elevator.
18. Do unusual things. Go where you’ve never been, go to work the other way, figure out a problem you don’t know anything about. Get out of the “comfort zone”, expand knowledge and horizons. Rearrange the furniture at home, change the appearance, hairstyle, image.
19. Invest. Ideally, every month is worth investing part of the income, because a rich person is not the one who earns a lot, but the one who invests a lot. Try to invest in assets, minimize liabilities and control costs.
20. Get rid of stuff. Throw away all the things you haven’t worn or used in the last year. Leave only what you like and need. Too bad to throw it away.
21. Give more than you take. Share knowledge, experience and ideas. A person who not only takes, but also shares, is incredibly attractive. Surely you know something that others are eager to learn.
22. Accept the world as it is. Give up value judgments, accept all phenomena as neutral. And even better – as unambiguously affirmative.
23. Forget about what happened in the past. It has nothing to do with the future. Take with you from there only experience, knowledge, good relations and positive impressions.
24. Have no fear. There are no insurmountable obstacles, and all doubts live only in your head. It is not necessary to be a warrior, you just need to see the goal, avoid obstacles and know that you will achieve it without a chance to fail.
25. Last, it’s the first. Do what you like to do. Learn. Teach. Develop. Change yourself inside.