How to use the strategy of TSS?
Unique trade offer, or USP, is a technology of creating unique products from non-unique, creating obvious benefits for Your customer.
The main benefits of UTP:
1. The uniqueness will allow you to rise above your competitors. Your company can become #1 in its market.
2. Selling is easy. Your customers fall under the influence of the USP and are highly motivated to buy from You.
3. You can set the price more expensive than the competition. You buy, not because it is cheaper, but because You have higher value.
4. It’s easy to make repeat sales. Customers will strive to buy from You and will remember you much better.
One of the best examples is biotelemetry Samsung. It’s USP was made with the slogan “life is drawn to bio!”. This advertisement put Samsung at the forefront of the category of the usual company for the production of electronics.
Biotelemetry was better in its characteristics than other TVs in its class!
Biotelemetry was not cheaper than the competition! He was decently more expensive.
Another classic example of the USP from the company “M&Ms”, which probably saw everything: Chocolate that melts in your mouth, not in your hands.
Ordinary chocolate covered with ordinary glaze is not cheap, but everyone knows it and everyone knows that it does not melt in your hands.
Here is another outstanding example of the USP, this is an example of Domino’s pizzeria, whose owner came up with the USP, which turned his small pizzeria into one of the largest and most profitable enterprises in the United States. This is the USP, which was made in the form of the main slogan of the pizzeria, and sounded like “Pizza for 30 minutes or free.” One phrase that turned the whole business upside down.
Pizza from Domino’s was not excellent quality – the usual mediocre pizza.
Pizza from Domino’s was not cheaper than its competitors. The price is above average.
Sell more expensive, average product, and sales – much more.
What happens in the end? The price is not low, the quality is not excellent, and sales at times more than competitors.
This is an example of the work of the strategy of the USP – we have the usual mediocre goods, at an average price, but we make a unique offer that is beneficial to buyers and which competitors do not have.
How do you create a USP?
Unfortunately, there is no universal recipe for how to create an outstanding USP. It is a flight of Your imagination, Your creativity. But there are a few tips, guidelines that will help You find the way to Your UTP.
A few tips on what should be the USP.
1. USP is not a characteristic of Your business. “Our company is a recognized leader in the production of reliable kettles.”.. so what?
2. USP is not a slogan or motto. Or rather – it’s not just a slogan or motto. “We have no crisis”, “Only we have discounts up to 50%” “Great choice low prices” – all this has nothing to do with the USP…
3. USP is not what Your business is different from others. UTP – this is what You are different in the eyes of the client.
4. Do not report how long you have been on the market, no one is interested in how many Products you have in stock, everyone is tired of seeing advertising about discounts.
What should the USP contain?
1. UTP, a unique trade offer, in fact there is a proposal, ie You have to offer.
2. UTP must offer specific, clear benefit which would be clearly understandable at a cursory glance at advertising.
3. An UTP should be emotionally charged. Make it so that the consumer has captured the wave of emotion to a fever that creeps up on the skin, so out of the frying pan into the fire, so from the ship to the ball. This is the key to creating a powerful UTP, without the emotional component of UTP is not UTP.
4. In a brilliant UTP there should be some special value, not the price of the goods, but a certain vital value. Something must bear in the world this UTP, to change his for the better.
Keeping these guidelines in mind, you can proceed directly to the process of generating ideas. Who likes to invent alone, someone needs a joint brainstorming.
But, perhaps the best option for the creation of the USP is to contact a creative or advertising Agency – believe me, in the case of creating a really cool USP costs will pay off many times.
So, the Unique trade offer is the core around which your success, Your fame and wealth will be built. This will allow You to rise above the competition, increase prices and at times (sometimes tens of times) to increase sales.
Your profits can grow by thousands of percent – everything is in Your hands. Go for it!