How to finish what you started?
1. Make lists of things to do. Take a pen and a piece of paper, open a special program or application and right now make a list of all the things that dominate over you. Take a break for 10 minutes, relax, because you have already splashed out everything you care about on paper/screen. Go back to the list, look at it critically: which of the above reasons prevents to bring each of these cases to the end?
2. Delete the unnecessary. Read the list again. Think, and these books will help you in career? Cases that are not appropriate, delete from the list. It is better to spend time on something really important.
3. Remember the “two-minute rule”. There is a principle in time management- “the rule of two minutes”: cases that will take no more than 2-5 minutes, are performed immediately and are deleted. Disassemble the shelf in the closet, clean up the shelf in the bathroom, load the washing machine with linen – all this takes no more than 5 (maximum 10) minutes. It took only half an hour, and you have already done from 5 to 10 cases!
4. Become a Frenchman – eat “frog”. Select the green color in the list of all items, the cause of failure which was laziness. These are the most unpleasant things that you put off until the last, in time management they are called “frogs”. “There are frogs”, i.e. to cope with unloved chores, better in the morning. For example, you are required to write something. Imagine in great detail how you write it. Feel, make and spend the rest of the day on a more enjoyable pastime.
5. Divide the elephant. The most difficult and difficult cases are called “elephants”. If you do not know where to start, try to divide the “elephant” – to break the case into several stages or cases. The easier and faster the stage, the better. What your mind will perceive easier: 5 complex and long cases on time or 20 simple 5-minute Affairs? The main rule – go back to them in your spare minute. Let’s say you decide to learn French. In the morning learned one rule of grammar, in the afternoon – 10 words, in the evening made a couple of sentences with new words on the learned rule. You see, in a few months you will be able to communicate tolerably with your business partners-the French.
6. Praise yourself. Nothing pleases and inspires as a long list of completed cases. Therefore, as only fulfilled the case, feel it out and be sure to praise yourself for that. Enthusiasm will increase if the difficulties as a lifeline will loom encouragement: shopping, a pleasant evening, Goodies for tea.
7. Summarize. Select a few hours once a week or a month (to whom it is convenient) and summarize. You will notice that many of the cases brought to an end, a few “frogs” are gone, and a pair of “elephants” were narrowed by half. Praise yourself again and add new things to the list.